Frederick, MD • C: (301) 222-5487 • [email protected]
SENIOR SALES LEADER
Business Development • Growth Strategies • Driving Sales
Performance driven, award winning, strategic-minded sales leader with over 15+ years of demonstrated success in gaining market share through implementation of sales strategies that influence decision makers and drive success. Consistently succeeds in developing comprehensive strategies to position products, pricing, and marketing to achieve targeted sales growth, while maintaining corporate and brand integrity. Recognized for utilizing innovative approaches and smart business decisions to achieve market positioning and sales targets.
Entrepreneurship • Account Management • Customer Engagement • Business Development • Cross-Functional Team Work • P&L Accountability • Strategic Planning • Leadership • Territory Management
ABBOTT LABORATORIES / ABBVIE BIOPHARMACEUTICALS (1999 – Present)
Therapeutic Specialist – Frederick, MD (01/2014 – Present)
Develop confidence and increase sales to healthcare providers in the suburbs of Washington D.C and Baltimore, MD. Direct growth of business through combination of direct marketing, training, and product features to increase provider utilization. Focus on delivering insights necessary for providers to make appropriate choices on drug selection for specific patient types in a provider-facing role. Work in conjunction with physician’s office staff on pre-authorization process, and pull through strategy of drug to patients.
- Successfully launched new drug.
- Ranked 15 out of 43 representatives in nation on volume sales of Viekira Pak through July 2015.
- Ranked 6th in 2014 for entire salesforce.
- Recognized as top earner in Q1 2015 with 34 new prescribers of Viekira Pak.
- Selected to represent Abbie at American College of Gastroenterology meeting, as well as at AASLD.
- Achieved top business plan during pre-launch of new HCV medication.
- Acquired new 200 scripts focused on specific patient types in negative formulary environment.
- Secured new VA Hospital account, resulting in fastest growing VA account since April 2016.
Senior Territory Manager – Charleston, WV (10/2011 – 10/2013)
Sold Humira hospital and office settings. Engaged in new account development using consultative sales methods to identify and open new accounts, build effective customer relationships, uncover new opportunities, and close sales. Conducted product in-service trainings to instruct healthcare professionals on use of medication. Gathered requirements to develop solutions based on in-depth knowledge of products, and the appropriate application to provide effective solutions to customer challenges.
- Reversed and repositioned territory ranking from lowest in nation to one of top in the nation.
- Won All Star Award in 2012.
- Increased sales 213% during tenure in position.
- Achieved 108% to plan by August 2013.
- Relaunched drug in territory and secured new clients in endoscopy centers.
Senior District Manager / Specialty District Manager – Indianapolis, IN (06/2008 – 10/2011)
Directed activities of seven sales representatives in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. Developed business plans, sales quotas and participated in contract review; managed the budget, and contributed to overall expansion of the customer base while maintaining existing customer relationships. Assisted in contract negotiations with hospitals, conducted business reviews and produced monthly sales performance reports.
Senior District Manager / Specialty District Manager – Indianapolis, IN | Continued
- Ranked 1st District Manager nationally in 2011, 2nd district in nation in 2008, and 1st in Eastern Region and 3rd nationally in 2008.
- In 2008, successfully managed team during difficult situation with team member.
- Successfully obtained contract with Priority Partners.
- 2 of 7 sales representatives managed won All-Star award and 6 of 7 finished in top 10 in 2009.
Field Sales Operations Rotation – Abbott Park (09/2007 – 08/2008)
Selected to participate in one-year development program in corporate office. Goal of program was gain additional knowledge of sales and marketing organization in internal functions. Worked on multiple special projects.
- Successfully coordinated two sales meetings for 2000+ attendees including meeting agenda, theme development, securing speakers, training, and meeting logistics.
- Developed new employee onboarding handbook now in use companywide.
- Created online analytical business training for District Managers, used to assist in business planning.
- Managed update of 2008 “Leaders Digest” Brand Summary and Reference Guide.
District Sales Manager – Clarksburg, WV (05/2004 – 09/2007)
Provided strategic direction and leadership to team of sales representatives in the West Virginia territory. Developed and executed strategies that focused on client requirements and maximized sales. Mentored team members to exceed established goals and excel within the company.
- Demonstrated excellence in sales leadership and selected to participate in one-year Group Practice Account Executive pilot program.
- Acknowledged as proven performer in challenging sales environments, outperforming sales goals and turned around under-performing territory from ranking of 42 to 22 in one year.
- Mentored new District Manager, as well as four representatives who were later promoted to Specialty Sales Force teams.
- Received 2007 Spring Value Award for Sales Achievement.
- Maintained district budget within 5% in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Appointed to Meridia Advisory Board in 2005, and Omnicef Oral Suspension Advisory Board in 2006.
- Championed development of strategic plan to call on P&T members of the West Virginia District Medicaid Board.
Interim District Manager – Cincinnati, OH (08/2003 – 12/2003)
Served is Interim District Manager and increased market share for Biaxin XL, Tarka, Omnicef, and Synthroid, and was recognized as #2 in the nation for Biaxin XL growth in December 2003. District won RxExtreme Spiff in December 2003, and achieved 100%+ goal for Biaxin XL, Omnicef, Biaxin OS, and Synthroid.
Regional Training Specialist – Atlanta, GA (03/2003 – 05/2004)
Senior Sales Representative in AI / GI Franchise – Rock Hill, SC (04-2002 – 03/2003)
Professional Medical Representative AI / GI Franchise (08/1999 – 04/2002)
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing
Queens University – McColl School of Business, Charlotte, NC
Queens University Special Achievement Scholarship recipient – 3 years