123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183
305-555-5555 • [email protected]
Results-oriented, highly productive procurement management professional with a demonstrated ability to significantly reduce procurement costs by standardizing processes, negotiating favorable terms and streamlining supplier channels. Technical skills include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP. Exemplary relationship building and problem solving skills that foster vendor trust and dependability.
ABC Enterprises, Miami, FL | 20xx - Present
Oversee the purchasing of commodities, including electronics, PCBs, machined parts, sub-contracts, capital equipment, electronic assembly, and wafers for this defense and aerospace supplier. Develop customer survey and apply results to realign department. Assign buyers to commodities based on skill and knowledge base.
- Negotiated a major contract agreement with an electronic assembly manufacturer, driving an annual cost savings of $150,000.
- Conducted physical inventory of surplus equipment, which included a detailed list with pictures that was posted on the company intranet. Worked with internal customers to redistribute equipment, which resulted in avoiding a $275,000 write-off. Sold excess equipment and parts, generating $58,000.
- Streamlined department processes and procedures to determine optimum staffing levels. Instituted metrics to document cost savings, purchase requisition turnaround, and number of POs issued.
- Drafted an instructional how-to guide on the proper use of the purchasing and receiving modules of the ERP system. Prepared user training instructions for online purchase requisitions.
- Guided process improvements for the Document Control Department, resulting in elimination of redundant activities and fueling more effective processes and procedures.
BCD Corporation, Miami, FL | 20xx - 20xx
OEM Procurement Manager
Oversaw annual procurement budget of $42.2 million and territory which includes 24 processing plants, 9 prepared foods plants, 17 distribution centers, and multiple feed mills, hatcheries and growout farms in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Managed the daily activities of 2 supervisors/ exporters. Placed and tracked an average of 641 weekly purchase orders. Negotiated contracts with OEM suppliers, forklift suppliers, and modular/ fabric belt suppliers. Built and maintained vendor relations; evaluated vendors, managed buyer processes, and analyzed reports. Researched and identified potential cost savings. Standardized vendor channels and products where possible.
- Negotiated a new rebate structure which produced savings of $60,000.
- Reduced the number of forklift parts and service suppliers by 45%.
- Played key role in a plant inventory reduction from $2.1 million to $1.3 million.
- Recommended the implementation of a tracking form for short-paid invoices, eliminating supplier invoice resubmissions and assisting the Accounting Department.
- Suggested the installation of an automated handling fees payment process.
XYZ College, Miami, FL
Bachelor of Business Administration