This production manager resume is that of a professional with over 10 years of experience in the multimedia and entertainment industry. It uses a modern resume layout and a reverse chronological resume format.
225 Sunnyside Ave • New York City, NY 11226
498-546-7144 • [email protected]
online • live – television • digital
Affable, dependable and driven Production Lead with 10+ years’ creative and production leadership and management abilities in the multimedia and entertainment industry.
Known for being a fair leader who possesses strong business communication skills and a diverse portfolio for original and creative content from the multimedia/ entertainment industry. Career highlights include successful production management of VH1 News/ VH1 Digital and the 51st & 52nd Annual NY Emmy Awards from pre-green light concept, development through to final production.
- Project Management
- Production Management
- Media Logistics
- Enthusiastic Leader
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Communicator
- Creative Team Management
- Public Relations
- Workflow and Process Optimization
- Global Sales & Marketing
- Established Relationships
DIGITAL NEWS, New York, NY
Supervising and Coordinating Producer | March 2013 – Present
- Strategic execution of distribution plan to publish video content across all relevant platforms.
- Manage production of all news content, including artist and celebrity interviews, evergreen franchises, and digital series.
- Consult with research to understand what videos work and what videos do not work for editorial leads in developing video franchises and overall growth plan for video content.
- Manage production calendar for every talent interview and red carpet shoot from an editorial and internal logistics standpoint.
- Maintain and create shoot schedule, making editorial judgments about news coverage with an eye toward maximizing talent opportunities.
- Create and distribute daily and weekly schedules identifying tasks with key deadlines and willingness to reshuffle as priorities change/ opportunities arise.
- Work closely with marketing and ad sales to monetize news content and develop specialty content around marketing campaigns.
- Team up with production management and production unit to manage shoots, book all stringers, network with freelancers in various cities.
- Collaborate to manage cost sharing relationship on shoots with various shows.
- Primary production liaison to music talent department to help further the network’s music priorities.
- Led post production team to ensure consistent on time deliveries to all internal and syndicated distributors. Use internal PTS and ELOG systems to schedule internal packages.
- Helped track and analyze video performance with latest metrics so we can improve internal performance.
OPEN TV, New York, NY
Head of Development | Oct. 2011 – Mar. 2013
- Developed content amplification strategies that immerse brands into the everyday lifestyle of the multicultural millennial consumer.
- Collaborated with the sales team on building out digital media plans that are supported with a full array of mobile and video ad components.
- Conceptualized writing and developed integrated marketing proposals that create compelling partnership programs for a variety of blue chip advertising partners.
- Created and developed video production.
- Ensured that original online music webseries installments were licensed and syndicated.
MTV2, New York, NY
Coordinating and Associate Producer | Oct. 2011 – Mar. 2013
- Managed and coordinated all aspects of production and delivery for MTV2’s weekly shows; Sucker Free Countdown and The Week in Jams.
- Acted as liaison between executive producers, production management, talent, crew and editors of all MTV2’s shows to execute production schedules; develop and track operating budgets for shows.
- Developed pitches and formats; coordinated with talent department; developed production schedules; booked locations and crews in both the U.S and international; corresponded with all departments to acquire project elements and deliverables.
- Directed shoots in studio and in the field; negotiated with reps to secure next-day venue access; blocked scripts; identified and acquired B-roll footage for packages.
- Built and maintained rapport with crew members, talent, and PR reps at venues to ensure smooth interaction and resolution of conflicts.
ON TV PRODUCTIONS, New York, NY
Coordinating Producer, Producer / Project Manager | 2007 – 2011
- Oversaw overall production and editing for downtown media company; clients included Universal Records, Zomba Label Group, Sony/ BMG and GEFFEN Records.
- Hired ENG crews, freelance producers, editors, graphic designers.
- Managed the production of original 15/30 second promotional spots which aired on E!, BET, MTV and longer-form vignettes for web distribution.
NYC TV, New York, NY
Segment Producer, Coordinating Producer | 2006 – 2010
Oversaw production of all the original NYC TV programs featuring New York City life; including the Emmy-nominated Eat Out NY, Eat Out with Time Out, Ala Kelly, City Scoop, That’s So NY, NY 360, New York Emmy Awards, Gotham Awards, Broadcast & Cable Awards, Time Out Awards, and Hotel Excellence Awards
As segment producer and as an associate producer, managed production schedules of 5-30 person crews; initiated station-wide system to improve and streamline tracking of personnel, project elements, and deliverables; created and formatted easily-updated, color-coded manuals used by crew and managers.
Howard University, May 2003
John H. Johnson School of Communication, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Arts
- Graduated Cum Laude with a 3.4 average
- Major Mass Communications – Radio/ TV/ Film
- Minor: Sociology