Production supervisor resume sample showing a professional with 17 years of experience with packaging operations. The resume uses a classic layout and a reverse chronological resume format.
222 Hall Road • Springs, MS 39564
555.555.5555 (Res) • 444.444.4444 (Cell) • [email protected]
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR ~ AREA MANAGER ~ MANUFACTURING OR CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES
17 years of progressive experience managing Production, Quality, Safety and Cost Control for large packaging area within E.I. DuPont. Verifiable strengths in designing and improving processes and work procedures in support of Continuous Improvement programs. Practiced in ISO 9000 certifications. Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborate with customer teams to identify and remedy quality issues. Well-versed in all aspects of production including inventory management, quality improvement, safety programs, scheduling and maintenance. Trained in Root Cause Failure Analysis Investigations. A strong supervisor able to train and motivate teams to peak performance.
E.I. DUPONT, SPRINGS, MISSISSIPPI • 1985 - 2000
PRODUCTION PACKAGING COORDINATOR | 1997 - 2000
Managed day-to-day operations of packaging lines overseeing 4 production shifts of 20 personnel each.
- Key member of team to gain ISO 9000 certification. Audited existing processes, identified critical gaps and designed new corrective procedures. Wrote work procedures, trained staff and achieved certification.
- Implemented Quality improvement program including spot audits, root-cause analysis, and implementation of remedial actions.
- Handled customer complaints including physically visiting customer plants and collaborating with production engineers to identify and solve issues. Demonstrated strengths in oral and written communications.
- Oversaw Raw Materials Inventory working with vendors to communicate quality and delivery issues.
- Selected member of implementation team for Automated Warehouse and Order Fulfillment Systems, serving as subject matter expert for Packaging Area.
- Facilitated numerous Root Cause Failure Analysis Investigations in regard to Safety and Equipment failures.
- Served as Maintenance Team Manager, accountable for setting schedules for preventative maintenance. Worked with site teams to develop best practices for PM and maintenance in the packaging and warehouse areas.
- Produced short/ long term production scheduling and forecasting and monthly analysis and cost forecasting.
- Improved productivity approximately 10%.
- Reduced customer complaints roughly 20%.
- Consolidated suppliers reducing inventory levels 50% through JIT implementation.
PRODUCTION TEAM MANAGER | 1994 - 1997
Managed 12-hour rotating shift in Packaging Area overseeing 18 employees. Accountable for Safety, Production, Quality, and Cost Controls. Chosen as member of Emergency Response Team for entire site responsible for communications with emergency officials.
- Maintained outstanding Safety record with zero incident in 3 years.
- Consistently recognized for Valued Contributions.
PRODUCTION/ MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN | 1985 - 1993
Ran, maintained, and troubleshooted equipment in automated Packaging Area.
- Chosen to be one of the Area's first Trainer for packaging and logistics. Authored Area Standard Job Procedures for Operational, Inspection & Evaluation, and Mechanical.
- Delivered training to 36 staff.
- Improved uptime to 85% from 60%.
- Increased Quality by 20%.
University of Southern Mississippi, Long Beach, Mississippi
BS, Business Administration
Major in Management Information Systems