JANE DOE, BSN, RN
41 State Road • New York, NY 10804
(917) 825-3241 • [email protected]
Assessment • Cardiac Care • Emergency Medicine • Leadership • Education
Top performing and dedicated Registered Nurse with over seven years of experience in a variety of medical settings and proven interprofessional team member in the collective delivery of patient-centered care. Committed to high standards of practice and patient advocacy with expertise in cardiovascular care, patient assessment, pre and post-surgical care, triage, counseling/ health education of patients and families and nursing staff training/ management. Accomplished and effective leader and supervisor in busy clinical settings with exceptional communication, presentation and organizational skills.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE | ACHIEVEMENTS | HONORS & AWARDS
- Promoted through a series of increasingly responsible nursing and leadership positions as RN, Education Coordinator, Clinical Manager and LPN with a large and very busy cardiology practice with two locations. Coordinate and manage the full scope of pre and post-operative care for cardiac procedure patients and see 60+ patients daily.
- Lead training and education of all new nursing staff on systems, tests and documentation; developed the first medical reconciliation policy for the office.
- Create and deliver monthly educational and care programs for patients and their families on diabetes education, a-fib, disease management, medication education, healthcare and diet.
- Developed and monitored nutrition plans for 70 patients of a long term care facility; coordinated all care processes.
- Contribute extensive volunteer nursing efforts to Dobbs Ferry Fire Department, Harlem YMCA and others.
- Earned multiple academic honors and awards:
- 4.0 GPA, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Member of Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Honors Program, Helene Fuld College of Nursing.
- State Outstanding Dietetic Technician Student Award.
- Curriculum Award for Academic Achievements in Foods and Nutrition.
- Technical Proficiencies: EMR, Meditech, E-clinical, MS Office Suite, MDS instrument, ICD 10 and ICD 9 coding.
HEALTHCARE SKILLS | AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Assessment • Cardiovascular Care • EMR System • Stress Tests/ EKG Interpretation • Cardiac Rhythms • Patient/ Family Education • Dietetics • Individualized Patient Care • Healthcare Presentations • Nurse Education • Training • Facility/ Hospital Standards • Team Leadership • Insurance Coding
EDUCATION | LICENSES
Bachelor of Science, Nursing, 4.0 GPA, Concordia College – New York, NY
Sigma Theta Tau International, Member
Associate of Science, Nursing, 3.75 GPA, Honors Program, Helene Fuld College, New York, NY
Practical Nursing Program, Rockland Boces, West Nyack, NY
Associate of Applied Science, Dietetic Technician Care, Westchester College, Valhalla, NY
State Outstanding Dietetic Technician Student Award
Curriculum Award for Academic Achievements in Foods and Nutrition
Registered Nurse, New York Board of Nursing
Registered Nurse, Florida Board of Nursing
American Heart Association: Basic Life Support Provider (BLS)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Cardiology Medical Practice | 2010 – Present
Registered Nurse/ Education Coordinator, New York, NY | 2013 – Present
Deliver comprehensive cardiovascular care to over 60 patients per day with acute and chronic heart disease and vascular conditions. Interview and assess patients, obtain medical histories, reconcile medications, perform vital signs, EKGs and other tests as required by the physician for diagnosis and treatment.
Assist physicians in the performance of exercise stress testing and stress echocardiograms. Communicate test/ lab results to patients and families and administer medications and treatments. Educate cardiac patients on the timing of medications during pre and post procedures and provide procedure-specific information.
- Teach a two-week training course to all new staff, including EMR system, stress tests, EKGs and documenting of patient information. Lead staff development initiatives and clinical improvement activities.
- Develop and present monthly comprehensive patient education programs, health education and counseling to patients and their families as part of cardiovascular and healthy lifestyle care plans.
- Created and implemented a medication reconciliation policy for the office.
LPN/ Clinical Manager, New York, NY | 2010 – 2012
Provided triage through a full range of urgent and ongoing care in a very busy clinic serving a diverse population; worked with over 60 patients per day. Assisted the physician, administered EKGs, stress tests, x-rays and injections and reconciled medications. Ensured all pre-op documentation was prepared accurately and communicated to the hospital; educated patients on pre and post-operative procedures. Scheduled, processed and tracked documentation for testing, appointments, labs, cardiac catheterizations and other invasive procedures. Coordinated care with visiting nurses as required, ordered supplies and returned patient calls.
Long Term Care Facility, New York, NY | 2008 – 2009
Developed and oversaw nutrition plans and promoted healthy eating for up to 70 patients on two floors; reported to a registered dietician. Identified issues, signs and symptoms, observed patients for weight loss, calculated calorie intake, added supplements as needed, performed charting and worked with the kitchen on special diets. Educated patients and family members on therapeutic diets. Worked closely with a multidisciplinary team to ensure quality care and improve patient health.
- Coordinated resident assessment and care planning. Completed Minimum Data Set Instrument and attended quarterly MDS meetings.
- Led the promotion of Nutrition Week with staff and patients; taught classes on healthy snacking and serving sizes.
Nursing National Honor Society
American Nurses Association
American Nurses Association – New York
Florida Nurses Association
Harlem YMCA Day of Health, Blood Pressure Screening, 2013
Dobbs Ferry Fire Department, Annual Physicals (over 40/year), EKG, Blood Draw, 2010 – 2012
WHUD Kids Fair, Organized/ Participated in Booth Activities, 2006 – 2008
National Eating Disorder Association, Online Fundraising Coordinator, 2005 – 2008
Martha Cloan Greenawalt Young Women’s Mentoring Program, Mentor, 2005
Northern Westchester Hospital, Physical Therapy Department and Senior Care Services, 1990 – 1994