See the corresponding Research Program Director cover letter sample.
DAVID LEDBETTER, Ph.D.
[email protected] | BERKELEY, CA 94530 | (704) 923-1111
Versatile professional and educator with blended background in scientific research and business management. Seeking dynamic role to leverage business development skills to promote innovation.
SCHOLAR TECH (El Cerrito, CA)
Founder and Technology Consultant, October 2017 – Present
- Founded and built consulting firm that helps businesses use cloud computing and software for biopharmaceutical research and product development.
- Developed six online courses about digital pharmaceutics through Teachable.
- Lead online and in-person trainings for academic researchers, NGOs, start-ups, and large pharmaceutical companies, having served ~2,000 professionals thus far.
- Consult on pharm tech procurement, training, safety protocol, and program management.
- Conduct cloud computing analysis for biopharmaceutical applications.
- Produce original content for YouTube and LinkedIn and develop cloud computing tutorials using Camtasia screencast software.
DELPHI INC. (San Francisco, CA)
Sales Manager, June 2016 – October 2017
- Increased SaaS sales for cloud computing within research and academic verticals.
- Launched multi-pronged marketing campaign targeting the scientific vertical.
- Organized over a dozen commercial tradeshows and multi-day workshops, from developing marketing materials and obtaining sponsorships to managing operations.
OPTIMOROUTE INC. (Berkeley, CA)
Academic Program Director, June 2015 – May 2016
- Leveraged Salesforce to increase direct sales from 1% to 5% of total revenue in 6 months.
- Partnered with academic institutions to implement new open-source software.
- Increased market visibility with academic and commercial trade shows centered on biopharmaceutical research and applications.
- Wrote technical reports advising government agencies on biopharmaceutical applications.
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO (Toronto, ON)
Assistant Professor, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, May 2011 – May 2015
- Supervised two graduate students and over a dozen undergraduate research assistants.
- Generated over $400k in grant funding for R1 research institution.
- Managed interdisciplinary research program spanning biology, chemistry, and pharmacy.
- Published over a dozen articles as lead author, including one published in Science.
- Invited to lecture at dozens of universities, conferences, and government agencies.
UC-BERKELEY, Postdoctoral Scholar in Biopharmaceutics (April 2011)
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics (April 2009)
HUMBOLDT STATE UNIVERSITY, B.S. in Biology (May 2004)