KENNETH L. BALDWIN
2252 N. Main Street • Phoenix, AZ 85000
480/555-0000 • [email protected]
A dynamic, results-oriented Restaurant Manager offering focused leadership to drive sales and profitability in highly competitive markets.
Consistently achieve performance goals through enthusiasm, tenacity and initiative, which complement knowledge/ expertise in: Team Building/ Staff Training • Purchasing/ Inventory Management • Quality Assurance/ Control • Facilities/ Safety Management • Customer Service/ Guest Relations • Cost Containment/ Control • Policies and Procedures • Continuous Performance Improvement
Noted for outstanding communications skills, both with guests and staff; resolve problems quickly and equitably to ensure happy customers and happy employees.
Computer skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint • POS systems including Maitre 'd
THE FARM, INC., Phoenix, Arizona | 07/04 – Present
Family dining/ Complete meal concept/ $11 average check; seating for 450; 60 staff
Employ an efficient, high-energy and professional approach to store operations management in order to:
- balance service with costs to ensure profitability
- promote guest satisfaction to steady repeat business
- coach/ schedule servers to maximum levels of performance
- monitor BOG for consistent sanitation, food quality and presentation
- purchase/ control inventory with attention to budget guidelines
Contributed to store's recognition as most profitable in 41-store chain, maintaining gross profit at 48%. Involved in special projects:
- Initiated three-month in-house customer service contest for busers, servers and hosts to effect continuous improvements in service scores.
- Introduced a wine seminar for servers, strengthening knowledge of offerings, which dramatically increased wine sales.
CHILI'S GRILLE, Forest Grove, Washington | 2003
Casual dining bistro; seating for 60; 22 staff
Directed general restaurant operations, monitoring food quality and staffing requirements to ensure a positive dining experience for every guest.
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY, Harrisburg, Oregon
B.S. – Hospitality and Business Management; minor: Business Administration
Course work included: Food Science and Nutrition • Strategic Analysis • Cooking and Dining Room Service • Food Service Systems and Controls