This sales associate resume is that of a seasoned professional with extensive work experience in the retail sector. It uses a traditional reverse chronological resume format.
123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183
(305) 555-5555 • [email protected]
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Expert retail selling professional offering exceptional results across several markets. Focused on exceeding store standards, sales goals, and client expectations.
RETAIL SALES EXCELLENCE
ABC ELECTRONICS, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
Senior Sales Associate, Computer Department
Analyzed sales reports and district goals to develop new business; collaborated with the store manager to create strategies to increase sales and maximize profit. Supervised sales team and ensured sales floor was properly staffed. Provided exceptional customer service to clients; investigated and resolved customer issues in a timely manner.
- Successfully turned around a failing Car Audio Department from second to worst to top three in the district.
- Improved sales and employee morale by developing highly competitive and challenging sales contests.
- Recognized for ability to consistently achieve and exceed established sales objectives and quotas.
- Demonstrated proficiency and in-depth technical knowledge of all products offered.
- Quickly promoted from part-time to full-time and to senior position of increased responsibility within a few months of hire.
BCD ELECTRONICS, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
Provided critical solutions to clients with technology and electronics issues. Promoted products, processed credit applications, and furnished exceptional customer service.
- Led the operation in wireless sales.
- Developed and implemented a regular team builder exercise.
CDE IMPORTS, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
Assisted customers and maintained visual merchandising for a specialty retailer of decorative home furnishings and gifts. Processed customer transactions and maintained cash drawer. Assisted with stock maintenance and periodic inventory counts. Skillfully merchandised products and processed sales transactions. Opened and closed the store.
EFG ARTS AND CRAFTS, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
Greeted customers and assisted with purchases for the largest arts and crafts specialty retailer in the United States. Generated sales through optimized visual merchandising, inventory availability, and personalized assistance. Maintained inventory control and merchandise stocking. Assisted customers with their purchases and special orders.
Diploma, XYZ High School, Miami, FL