See the corresponding Retirement Plan Specialist cover letter sample.
555.555.5555 | City & State | Email Address
RETIREMENT PLAN SPECIALIST
A leader in training and development, retirement planning, and recruiting offers a track record of achievements in growing an organization through talent acquisition, training, and process improvement. Experience includes strategy development and execution, employee education, relationship development, and successful team/group leadership.
CORE STRENGTHS: RECRUITING / STAFFING – ONBOARDING – TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT – COMPENSATION & BENEFITS – PLAN SELECTION – VENDOR RELATIONS / MANAGEMENT – EMPLOYEE EDUCATION – CUSTOMER SERVICE/ RELATIONS – PROBLEM RESOLUTION – EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATION – STRATEGIC PLANNING – SPSS – RMS ORACLE – MS OFFICE
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Processed hundreds of inquiries per month regarding retirement benefits and employee compensation.
- Maintained accuracy and completeness of 900+ customer records and prepared data for input into appropriate HR systems; completed complex profiles on BPO systems and PPS systems.
- Proved vital in selecting a new benefits vendor, researching multiple plans to ensure company and employees receive the best possible return on their investments.
- Generated 20% cost savings by addressing subrogation claims and unrecognized stop loss reimbursements.
COMPANY NAME – CITY & STATE (5/2015 TO 12/2017)
RETIREMENT PLAN SERVICES SPECIALIST
- Addressed customer service requests for information on retirement benefits, 401Ks/401K alternatives, and trades. Processed hundreds of inquiries per month.
- Cultivated strong relationships while providing education on plan provisions, investment options, retirement savings, and overall financial health. Exceeded all sales goals while increasing customer retention.
- Rendered strong attention to detail while processing transactions and personnel actions for clients, including retirement contributions, loans, withdrawals, and rollovers.
- Compiled data and processed a variety of personnel action forms containing confidential and sensitive data.
COMPANY NAME – CITY & STATE (2/2012 TO 4/2015)
BENEFITS AND RETIREMENT SPECIALIST
- Led administration and compliance of the 125 cafeteria plan, self-funded medical, dental, short-/long-term disability, multiple HMOs, PPO networks, flexible spending accounts, group/executive life, and 401k savings plans, including managing monthly billings, invoices, annual audits, and 5500 preparation.
- Ensured ERISA compliance (SMM, SPD, and SAR) as well as COBRA, HIPAA, and FMLA compliance.
- Supervised HRIS report writing, data management, and data file transmittals.
COMPANY NAME – CITY & STATE (1/2011 TO 1/2012)
HUMAN RESOURCES / BENEFITS SPECIALIST
- Served as a liaison between vendors and company employees, educating team members of benefit options, investments, retirement savings, and other plan provisions.
- Assisted hundreds of employees in securing information of policy details and choosing their best plan.
- Processed and maintained documentation related to benefits and retirement plans.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelors in Human Resources Management (2011) – UNIVERSITY NAME
Member of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)