SAMPLE J. CLIENT
PO Box 1673, Callahan, FL 32011
SENIOR FINANCIAL EXECUTIVE
Corporate financial executive administers CFO-level operations for firms of all sizes. Analyzes acquisitions, divestitures, and mergers for profitability and long-term viability. Raises debt funding from traditional banks and asset-based lenders. Develops plans for raising equity from venture capitalist sources and private individuals. Restructures financial operations to ensure legal, regulatory, and tax compliance. Savvy with startups and growth-oriented companies in markets throughout Texas.
Core Knowledge and Skills
Strategic Planning • Financial Analysis • Funding • Venture Capital • Senior and Subordinated Debt Sourcing • Liquidity Projection • Tax Planning and Compliance • Financial Modeling & Scenario Building • Regulatory Compliance • Recruitment & Retention • Executive Presentation
Independent Consultant | 2010 – Present
Curtis Consulting Company, Houston, TX
Provided critical financial analysis and forecasting to client firms in a range of industries.
- Cash Flow Analysis: Evaluated a company's senior debt position on behalf of its senior lender.
- Integration Planning: Analyzed company assuming ownership of two subsidiaries to identify operation's best practices. Performed assessments of tax position, regulatory requirements, operations, financing, and other issues. Presented convincing executive report to equity investors concerning viability of this investment.
- Business Planning: Created foundation of business plan for Internet startup in conjunction with owners, including five-year plan for financing requirements. Resulted in creation of a PowerPoint deck owners used to secure $5 million in first-round funding.
- Business Planning: Structured plan for professional services firm assessing potential for amicably splitting business into two companies. Assessed impact on contracts with current and future customers as well as cash flow and expenses. Executives decided to keep company intact based on projections.
Senior Vice President, Corporate Development | 2004 – 2010
Media Masters, Rosenberg, TX
Provided critical financial strategy on purchase, sale, and financing of large income-producing purchases in San Antonio, Austin, Waco, Dallas, Laredo, and Rio Grande Valley markets. Evaluated liquidity, effects on financial status of company, tax, and regulatory implications of each transaction. Provided due diligence for approximately 30 major transactions ranging up to $40 million in value. Oversaw all regulatory filings, legal matters and litigation, long-range planning, and investor communications.
- Equity Sourcing: Built models, negotiated structure, and made executive recommendations to acquire $100 million from venture capitalist groups.
- Debt Sourcing: Formed the basis for raising initial round of $30 million in senior debt, quickly followed by another $110 million in nine months of negotiations with lenders.
- Exit Strategy Design and Execution: Designed and implemented workable exit strategy including debt repayment for this cash-flow-positive company. Upon market downturn in 2008, advertising programs universally decreased significantly, critically wounding the company's viability but maintaining cash flow. Bank agreed to refrain from foreclosure if management agreed to remain for two years. Resulted in equity owners receiving a percentage of their ownership and 300 employees' ability to continue to work (headcount managed through attrition).
- Built hundreds of models and scenarios in Excel with excellent, if conservative, predictive value.
- Completed all facility covenant reporting.
- Planned taxes and compliance (federal and state).
- Restructured company balance sheet to convert subordinated debt to equity.
SAMPLE J. CLIENT PAGE 2
...Executive experience continued
Oversaw all regulatory filings, legal matters and litigation, long-range planning, and investor communications.
Vice President-Controller | 1998 – 2004
ITB Communications, Pearland, TX
Oversaw financial operations with CFO responsibilities in this three-station radio cluster valued at $20 million. Created standardized, workable accounting systems with four direct reports.
- Sales: Created exit strategies for particular assets subsequently sold at 700% ROI.
- Compliance: Ensured corporation operated within compliance tolerances.
- Accounting: Rebuilt accounting system, including monthly reporting procedures required under new credit agreement. Managed daily cash flow.
- Auditing: Supervised accounting audits; selected appropriate audit firm based on company's smaller size, eliminating 2/3 of annual audit costs.
- Personnel Management: Hired additional accounting staff to increase collections, reduce debt, and eliminate significant penalties.
- Operations Improvement: Instituted new procedures that reduced bad debt from 8% to 2%; reduced day's sales outstanding from 115 to 65.
- Lease Renegotiation: Renegotiated leases for critical technical equipment, structuring reduced rates and reduced rates of increase.
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
As tax manager for Howard Stern, LP, Houston, TX, provided tax planning and reporting for companies in industries including oil, gas, manufacturing, retail, professional services, and entertainment. Developed extensive damage calculations including lost profit calculations, diminution of value calculations, and losses relating to tax shelter investments. Assisted in the development of business valuation models.
As staff accountant with [Big Four Accounting Firm], Philadelphia, PA, prepared tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts, S corporations, and C corporations.
Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Passed CPA Exam (Pennsylvania 1992; license is inactive)
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.