SAMPLE J. CLIENT
123 ANY STREET • CHICAGO, IL 62345
(800) 991-5187 • [email protected]
SENIOR OPERATING & FINANCE EXECUTIVE
Financial Planning & Analysis | Start-up & Turnaround | International Business Operations | Business Strategy | Due Diligence | Research & Development | Best Practices
Sharp, driven executive with more than 4 years of proven experience in international finance and business operations. Enthusiastic in approaching organization-wide challenges from many angles and utilizing financial expertise to deliver effective solutions. Collaborative management style with strong leadership instincts and ability to excel independently. Specialized ability to design tools for greater efficiency and profitability. Earned reputation as a perceptive and practical troubleshooter with unique ability to solve large-scale problems often deemed too challenging for others.
Excellent cross-functional management skills including working across multiple departments as well as with third-party call centers, media agencies, and distribution centers. Extensive software capabilities including Oracle Hyperion Essbase, SAP, and Great Plains. Broad global Sarbanes-Oxley experience. Intermediate level Japanese.
Merging strategic finance experience with insightful ability to understand big picture in order to enhance profitability and efficiency.
ABC Corporation | May 2008 – Present
Held leadership roles with two subsidiaries under ABC Corporation, the largest Direct Response Television (DRTV) company in Japan with more than $300M in sales. Served as executive board member to Confidential Services. Contributed to bottom line by minimizing loss, discovering missing ARs, improving efficiency, expanding best practices, and establishing profitability.
Vice President | May 2009 – Present
Confidential Services (ABC Corporation subsidiary), Chicago, IL
Recruited to undertake due diligence and restore company profitability, involving considerable improvements to finance, HR, payroll, and legal operations. Managed product initiatives including sourcing, contracting, and designing business models and break-even analyses. Directed final infomercial campaign and closer of U.S. business, and retrained staff to provide industry analysis and U.S. best practice research and analysis of U.S. retail best practices. Reviewed contracts for international product distribution and OLM. Completed and managed annual budgeting and monthly financial reporting.
- Achieved recovery by liquidating inventory, producing 38% recovery rate, and eliminating unprofitable campaigns.
- Utilized forensic accounting expertise to identify $300,000+ of missing accounts receivables previously missed by auditors from third-party distributor, and negotiated settlement.
- Minimized losses by identifying and creating database queries to track unshipped products.
- Reduced call center costs by identifying and resolving customer services issues.
- Increased order conversion by launching live representative call center.
- Established new accounting closing procedures and policies, reducing monthly close from 25 to 10 days.
- Collaborated with auditors to complete annual audit that was four months behind schedule (from previous management).
- Streamlined marketing analysis and reporting on current and upcoming product selections and contract negotiations status.
- Executed HR overhaul including comprehensive benefits review and program redesign.
Director of Management Control & Sales Support | May 2008 – May 2009
Confidential Services (ABC Corporation subsidiary), Tokyo, Japan
Hired to help direct new business startup including development of marketing, e-commerce, legal, IT, and finance operations, as well as staff training on best practices. Reviewed monthly financial close and reported results to senior management. Collaborated with TV production department on mid- and long-term cost control and forecasting plans.
- Identified key performance indicators (KPI) and established targets to incorporate into 1- and 3-year business plans.
- Successfully completed ad hoc reporting for new business initiatives and best practice comparisons.
- Expanded best practices to include consideration of information from repeat buyers, sales per minute, time zone productivity, merchant meetings, product introduction meetings, and call center analysis.
- Collaborated with multiple departments on a strategic marketing plan to gain new customers via print, Internet, and television.
- Reduced shipment times by creating logistics report to identify delayed shipping issues.
SAMPLE J. CLIENT PAGE 2
Vice President of Expense Control & Analysis | Aug. 2006 – Mar. 2008
Confidential Company, New York, NY and Hong Kong
Began in New York office and transferred to Hong Kong in order to oversee monthly reporting and budget analysis. Administered monthly close, including forecasting as well as coordinating financial reporting with teams from the front and back offices in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, and India. Controlled global fixed income and corporate real estate budgets. Managed $110M real estate budget including corporate building allocations, monthly accruals, and project expense management.
- Shortened processing time by three days by redesigning accrual calculations and implementing tighter reconciliation controls.
- Directed balance sheet reconciliation of $5M in accruals that had previously been overlooked.
- Identified more than $12M in potential travel savings.
- Created automated accrual process including improvements to approval process and investigation of key variances.
- Reviewed and prepared monthly commentary, variance analysis, and presentations for senior management in Asia and U.S.
- Overhauled expense control reporting including identifying data integrity issues and redesigning report creation procedures.
Finance Manager | Feb. 2006 – Aug. 2006
Confidential Company, New York, NY
Hired to overhaul and streamline accounting procedures due to U.S. restructuring. Managed multistate sales tax, cash projections, and state corporate reporting. Handled the monthly close and reporting for three business units and 14 stores. Prepared financial reports for Hong Kong office.
- Improved efficiency by eliminating unnecessary reporting and implementing new, streamlined controls and reporting for AP/AR and payroll.
- Brought AP from 80% behind schedule to even with remaining balances related solely to intra-company activity.
- Handled quarterly and annual closes, and annual budgets, while troubleshooting various accounting and control issues.
- Increased productivity and morale by clarifying roles, bringing in new staff, and eliminating the need for overtime.
International Business Analyst | Jan. 2001 – Feb. 2006
Confidential Company, New York, NY and Chiba, Japan
Transferred to Japan in Oct. 2001 as part of U.S. startup team acting as internal consultant to Japan's senior management and reporting directly to U.S. VP and controller. Independently investigated and solved company-wide issues, working with senior management to address margin control, call center and warehouse KPIs, labor planning, and inventory control. Managed multiple areas including merchandising, warehousing, sales, forecasting, and call center resource planning.
- Contributed to 3-year 98% sales jump and 73% staff increase by proactively identifying control issues.
- Shortened budget vs. actual reporting from one week to one day by creating automated capital database.
- Created all Excel financial models and Access databases, annual sales forecast, and headcount control.
- Implemented accounting closing procedures, reserve accounting calculations, and capital approval procedures.
- Administered $14 million capital approval process including 18-month capital plan.
- Managed monthly analytical and accounting reporting including variance analysis and commentaries for Japan and U.S.
Retail Business Developer | Jan. 1996 – Jan. 2001
Confidential Company, New York, NY
Collaborated in creation of several million-dollar businesses still in operation. Directed all accounting activity including auditing and forecasting, as well as business planning, operations, and staff training. Businesses include:
- ABC Furniture and Designs (17,000-sq.ft. interiors store)
- The Pinnacle (family entertainment center with 32 bowling lanes)
- ABC Towers (15,600-sq.ft. shopping plaza)
- The Looking Glass (art gallery and coffee shop/bakery)
- D.B.A., International Management, Confidential International University, Paris, France (Completion: July 2011)
Part-time doctorate course studies include: Project Management, CRM, Corporate Valuation, Negotiation, Intellectual Property, Branding, Advanced Corporate Finance, Corporate Entrepreneurship
- M.B.A., Finance and Accounting, Confidential School of Global Management, New York, NY
- M.P.A., Management and Policy Analysis, Confidential University, New York, NY
- B.A., Political Science, Confidential University, New York, NY
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.