123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183
(305) 555-5555 • [email protected]
Creative, highly organized candidate; expert in the design, development, and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology solutions. Extensive qualifications in all facets of project lifecycle development. Proven ability to integrate out-of-the-box thinking and problem-solving analysis to improve processes, systems and methodologies.
Key strengths include:
- Project Management
- Personnel Training
- Project Budgeting
- System Maintenance
- Strategy Identification
- Software Support
- Quality Control
- Issue Resolution
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, ABC University – Miami, FL
Hardware: IBM Mainframes and IBM AS/400
Software: CICS, TSO/ISPF, OS/VS1, OS/VS2, OS/VS2 MVS, OS/MVS XA, PC Network, IBM Utilities, ACCUCHECK, Doall, VSAM
PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER | ABC Solutions, Inc., Miami, FL, 20xx to 20xx
Designed an inventory control system using Visual Basic 6.x, MS SQL Server, and ADO for a window blinds manufacturer. Developed a customer order system using Visual InterDev, ASP, VBScript, and MS SQL Server; allowed customers to place orders or check the status of their existing orders. Conceptualized and created a database for customer orders and the inventory control system using DBArtisan. Added triggers and various constraints, including referential integrity and checks to maintain data integrity and apply business rules.
- Implemented a sophisticated algorithm to find inventory according to customer order and minimized the wastage.
- Ensured quick response time by using stored procedures to create data reports.
- Produced a complex search engine to find the product according to the specified criteria utilizing Active-X controls such as ADO and DataGrid, widely used to populate the search results.
- Devised a sophisticated security system to deter unauthorized use of the application.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER | BCD International, Miami, FL, 20xx to 20xx
Served as a team member; designed and developed automation software systems for consumer goods using Visual Basic 5.x, MS SQL, and Windows NT. Developed point-of-sales invoice generation, cash receipt handling, on-the-fly stock level calculation, and post-sales MIS, including turnover for commission calculation by product group for sales workforce and parameter-driven reports. Maintained the details of inventory, shipping, and forwarding.
- Successfully implemented the order processing based on the FIFO algorithm.
- Automated the purchasing and inventory control, including monitoring and issue of purchase orders.