787 Parsippany Blvd. • West Islip, New York 11737
(631) 919-0998 • [email protected]
Position of Interest:
Offer the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with over two years of accomplished help desk support experience.
- Analytical, detail oriented with strong programming skills; work diligently on long, tedious assignments.
- Maintain excellent interpersonal communication, time management, and problem resolution skills.
Languages: C++ Turbo, Basic, Cobol, Visual Basic, Pascal, Assembler
Software: Windows 98/2000, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Help Desk Associate, Global Aeronautic Engineers, Information Technology Development | 5/01 – Present
Electronic Systems Division, Islip, New York
Leading provider of advanced aerospace systems, components, and support to aircraft manufacturers and operators worldwide. Products include quality fluid measurement and management system, avionic displays, and flight inspection systems for fixed- and rotary winged commercial, commuter, business, and military aircraft.
- Worked closely with a Help Desk team, providing hands-on support to end users with hardware and software problems including WAN connectivity, upgrades, configurations, data recovery, and printing issues.
- Interfaced between technicians and end users to effectively identify problems and formulate solutions.
- Documented requests for help desk support and outcome resolutions to monitor and track recurring problems.
- Assisted in programming various modules of a complex scheduling program currently in development, utilizing a Cobol-comparable programming language.
- Applied ghost procedures to a high volume of lease-expired systems to delete all programs and data files.
- Attended morning meetings to discuss projects/ assignments, plan strategies, and suggest improvements.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science / Business Option, 2003
LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY, Islip, New York
Full athletic scholarship – Sophomore and Freshman; Big East Academic All-Star Team, 1999, 2000
Software Applications on the PC | Structured Programming | Microcomputer Assembler Language | System Analysis | Distributive Systems | Management | Accounting | Economics | Marketing
Regents Diploma, 1999
WEST ISLIP HIGH SCHOOL, West Islip, New York
Business Student of the Year; National Service Honor Society, Class Historian