1293 Tucker Street • Delaney, MD 34037
890.239.2325 • [email protected]
Spanish Teacher, Central Middle School, Springfield, AZ | September 2004 – Present
- Teach six separate classes daily, ranging from kindergarten to eighth grade at private school for the "bright, curious, and gifted."
- Developed all prep work for and introduced new textbook driven writing-focused curriculum to complement oral focus for Spanish program attended by 51 of 88 school students.
- Created visual aids, board games, flashcards, and all course materials.
- Initiated written mechanics, grammar, and dedicated reading and writing program.
- Personally commended by head of school for creating and implementing new curriculum.
- Wrote comprehensive accreditation guidelines including framework of operations, mission, philosophy, and departmental goals helping insure successful re-accreditation by AISNE.
- Co-created world language section for School Curriculum guide used by prospective students and parents.
- Planned school's first-ever field trip to see a Spanish-language national theatre group performing Ballet Folklorico.
- Organized Spanish department's all-student play for Cinco de Mayo featuring readings, poetry, and class-made costumes.
Substitute Teacher, City of Dallas, Dallas, TX | August 2003 – June 2004
Education Instructor, St. Ignatious Church, Dallas, TX | 1989 – 1997
Private Tutor, Dallas, TX | 1994 – 1997
Worked one-on-one with elementary school students in subjects including Spanish, math, English, and reading.
Millsaps College, Durham, NC, 1977
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish; Secondary Education Minor
- Cum Laude Graduate
CERTIFICATIONS / AFFILIATIONS
- Arizona Teacher Certification
- Field of Certification Secondary Spanish Level of Field 7-12
- Foreign Language Teachers of Western Texas Collaborative
- Texas Association of Foreign Language Teachers