Malibu Beach, CA • (123) 245-1580 • [email protected]
SPECIALTY SALES MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Contributing to Excellence with Integrity
Highly experienced and successful Biotech sales management professional recognized for consistently growing sales revenues and profitability. Frequently selected by management to open new territories and rapidly develop sales pipelines through the use of innovative and imaginative sales and marketing programs designed to achieve maximum market exposure and penetration.
Confident, highly energized, effective, and persuasive communicator with strong interpersonal and management skills. Recognized as a motivator and mentor, experienced in planning and implementing successful sales and marketing strategies. Driven to achieve goals and overcome obstacles in today’s competitive environment.
Subject-matter expert and solution provider who consistently earns the confidence of professionals, staff, and peers through the delivery of superior service and support before, during, and after the sale.
Top individual producer skilled in developing exceptional client relationships through personal example and carefully targeted marketing that is based on grass-root street smarts and strategic market knowledge.
Business Acumen • Competitive and Market Analysis • Proposal Development • Contract Negotiations • Client Relationship Management • Sales Management Techniques • Program Implementation • Expense Control • Customer Engagement • Direct Hospital / Specialist Sales Experience • Team Development and Leadership • Territory Management • Presentation Skills • Pre-Sales Activities • New Business Development • New Product Roll Out • Startup / Turnaround • Operations Management
Orthopedic Company, Hollywood, CA | 2012 – present
Sales Consultant / Principle Distributor
Provide sales and marketing consultative services to organizations specializing in orthopedic and spine products. Utilize expertise to direct business development and product management initiatives for medical device organizations. Focus on delivering insight necessary for clients to make appropriate business based decisions in a customer-facing role. Negotiate contracts to support solution designs, working in partnership with appropriate parties to ensure service delivery is according to contract specifications. Clients include:
Phygen Spine: Led team of six direct Sales Representatives and four Independent Distributors. Utilized consultative selling skills to communicate features and benefits of products to prospective clients. Gathered requirements to develop solutions based on in-depth knowledge of products, and the appropriate application to provide effective solutions to customer challenges.
- Utilized sales expertise to increase business by 30% within first 45 days of employment.
- Introduced new biologics to the field.
- Signed up two new distributors in first 30 days in position.
Principal Distributor: Provided strategic leadership to all areas of business, including human resources, marketing, strategy development, forecasting, and accounting for medical device distribution company. Directed operations of four independent representatives.
- Converted 10 high dollar volume accounts in eight months.
- Maintained consistent growth of 20-30% each month.
SALES PROFESSIONAL, PAGE 2
Spine Company, Salt Lake City, UT | 2011 – 2012
Regional Sales Director – Southwest Region
Incorporated customer engagement sales methods to identify and open new accounts, build effective customer relationships, generate referrals and leads, penetrate client companies to uncover new opportunities, and close sales for startup organization. Negotiated contracts to support solution, working in partnership with appropriate parties to ensure product delivery occurred according to contract specifications.
- Increased sales to $2,600,000 for 2011 over prior year sales of $1,500,000.
- Obtained key hospital contracts to drive revenue in new markets.
- Introduced BioDlogics (stem cell) to new markets, increased revenue by $850,000.
- Organized first Regional cadaver lab in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Implemented strategic plan for "new product launch."
- Ranked 2nd in sales per region for 2011.
- Introduced new product material to surgeons (silicon nitride).
Orthopedics Company, Center Valley, PA | 2004 – 2010
Regional Sales Director – Western United States | 2008 – 2010
Advised and secured customers for medical device company. Provided strategic leadership to distribution team assigned to develop and grow services and solutions for account base. Created strategies to promote and sell products. Managed projects involving business development, forecasting, brand management, and market positioning.
- Completed four regional cadaver labs in 18-month period. Orchestrated by directly managing principle distributors with multiple sales representatives.
- Reached 2009 quota and distribution goals, quota of $1,700,000. Prior year sales $750,000.
- Added seven new distributors in new markets and cancelled three "non-performers."
- Promoted to develop and increase distribution in newly established "West Region."
Orthopedic Sales Specialist – Southern California | 2004 – 2008
Sold and marketed Orthopedic devices to Orthopedic Surgeons. Attended surgeries to assist surgeons and operating room staff with the correct use of orthopedic instruments.
- Developed new Southern California territory with no established business.
- Received 2008 Aesculap Orthopaedics "Sales Representative of the Year" award.
- Received 2006 and 2007 National Sales Award - Region of the Year in 2006.
- Received "West Top Gun Award."
- Increased sales by $450,000 in first year.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ABC Corp. – Neurosurgery Division, Chanhassen, MN | 2001 – 2004
District Sales Manager – Western United States | 2003 – 2004
Senior Sales Representative | 2002 – 2003
Sales Representative – Southern California | 2001 – 2002
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
University of Phoenix, Woodland Hills, CA