Resume sample of a Tax Accountant with several years of experience. This resume adopts the recommended format of having a summary of qualifications followed by a section highlighting the candidate's core expertise.
123 Elm Street • Lewiston, ID • 83501 • 208.555.5555 • [email protected]
Analytical professional offering extensive experience as a Tax Accountant in support of a public accounting firm. Expertise in general accounting, financial planning, financial reporting, payroll, sales, property tax preparation, and income tax preparation. Accomplished in development of key methods for organizations to strengthen financial performance, improve controls, and mitigate tax liabilities.
AREAS OF EXCELLENCE
Tax Preparation • GAAP • Compilation and Reviews • Tax Planning • Tax Mitigation • Strategies • Tax Law Analysis • Property Tax Returns • Payroll Tax • Sales & Use Tax Returns • International Taxes
ABC ACCOUNTANCY CORPORATION, Lewiston, ID, 20xx to Present
Senior Tax Accountant: Play an instrumental role in the preparation and review of federal and multi-state tax returns for individuals, C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, fiduciary, non-profit, estate, and gift tax returns. Support 330 clients by effectively handling all accounting and tax matters, including fixed assets, GL, payroll tax, property tax, and franchise/ income tax. Perform compilations and reviews.
- Served instrumentally in increasing company profits 5% to 10% annually by identifying client needs and maximizing client opportunities within the organization.
- Completed international tax forms and schedules, including Canadian tax forms and Form 1116.
- Selected to visit clients on site and provide comprehensive bookkeeping and accounting training.
- Supervised and trained staff in all aspects of accounting and taxes.
ABC ACCOUNTANCY CORPORATION, Lewiston, ID, 20xx to 20xx
Senior Tax Accountant: Assisted clients with all phases of bookkeeping and accounting. Filed state sales and uses tax and payroll tax returns. Prepared federal and New York State tax returns, estimates, and extensions for individuals, partnerships, LLCs, S-corporations and C-corporations. Completed payroll, payroll tax deposits, and 1096/ 1098/ 1099/ W2/ W3 forms. Communicated clearly with clients during all phases of the tax return process.
- Assisted the Partner/ Tax Manager in meeting internal and external deadlines and requests.
- Researched tax issues for special projects under the supervision of the Partner/ Tax Manager.
- Trained new employees on Lacerte Tax software and strategies for optimal client tax savings.
- Ensured accuracy and completeness of write-ups and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to deadlines; assisted co-workers and worked extra hours when needed.
B.S. Business Administration, Concentration in Accounting
XYZ STATE UNIVERSITY, Lewiston, ID, 20xx
Certified Public Accountant, Idaho
Member of AICPA and Idaho Society of CPAs
Windows • Microsoft: Word, Excel • Internet Explorer • Peachtree • Quickbooks • Accountants Trial Balance • TValue • FAS Software • ProSystems Fx • TaxWiz • CFS Tax