6900 Potter Drive • Reston, Virginia 20121
Res 555.555.5555 • Cell 444.444.4444 • [email protected]
OPERATIONS MANAGER ~ PROJECT MANAGER ~ SALES ENGINEER ~ SALES
Accomplished Telecommunications Professional practiced in all aspects of sales, design, installation, and support of voice and data transmission and PBX switching technologies. Expert in collaborating with customer business leaders to identify requirements and designing and presenting solutions with a compelling ROI. Practiced in configuration design, pricing, troubleshooting, maintenance and support management.
Have installed over 55 Northern Telecom systems and performed numerous system upgrades. Strong project management and supervisory skills, able to oversee activities of large groups of contractors and deliver quality results on time. Superior training abilities, authored the standard operating procedures for telephone installations and led all in-house and field training efforts. As Sales Engineer was instrumental in helping office achieve #1 rank for 3 years. A self-starter, able to work independently or as a valued team member.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT | 2001 – PRESENT
Managed numerous engagements providing engineering and technical engineering support for the Nortel Networks product line.
- For Nortel, hired to train approximately 100 Verizon Sales Engineers in 8 cities on how to use Nortel's Configurator tool.
- Selected for membership on Nortel's DAC (Distributor Alliance Council) to gather feedback on Nortel products and communicate to internal development and support leaders.
- For Verizon, engaged for 14 months to support field sales force in providing engineering and system designs including pricing and configuration/labor estimates.
- For Dyncorp, consulted for 1 year for system design and upgrading of 32 FAA sites across the U.S. all upgraded to new platforms and current software with multiple applications.
- Subcontracted with consulting firm to provide Dyncorp with engineering support on the VTS/ FAA contract, performing engineering for 32 FAA/ VTS job sites.
- Priced and engineered 30+ upgrades on a variety of Nortel PBX Switching system including all 61C and 81C platforms with multiple applications including Meridian Mail, Call Pilot, OTM, MIRAN and Symposium CCS product lines.
VERIZON/ GTE CORPORATION | 1981 – 2001
DISTRICT SALES ENGINEER | 1994 – 2001
Supported all sales people in 5 offices throughout 5 states. Met with customer CEO, CFO, Telecommunications, Operations, and Call Center executives to review business requirements. Prepared and presented proposals outlining options and detailing customer ROI. Developed innovative solutions to gain competitive edge and win business.
- Consistently met/ exceeded revenue goals achieving as much as 122% of sales quota.
- Helped earn rank as #1 office in U.S. for 3 years based on sales and customer satisfaction.
- Consistently and significantly exceeded company standards for customer satisfaction.
- Performed customer site surveys leveraging interpersonal and technical skills to establish trust and credibility with customer technical staff.
RICHARD HARRIS • 444.444.4444 • [email protected] • Page 2 of 2
SENIOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN / INSTALLATION CREW CHIEF | 1985 – 1994
Served as Senior Telecommunications Technician and additionally as Installation Crew Chief on selected large-scale implementations. Directed activities of up to 8 staff and 24 contractors.
- For Woodward & Lothrop, managed implementation and subsequent support of 34 PBX across 5 states. Ensured seamless delivery of service maintenance and network engineering of 14 SL-IMs, 14 Meridian Option 21s, 3 SL-1XT switches and 2 Northern Telecom Norstar key systems. Instrumental in programming Digital Trunk Interface (DTI). Achieved highest levels of customer satisfaction based on timely implementation with minimal business disruption and highly responsive support.
- Managed installation in 650,000 square foot building for GTE Federal Systems contract. Directed 12 contractors and installed and maintained a SLI-XT containing two network groups, and 11 DTI's, 11 T1 Spans, and 1 Digital sound voicemail system. Data network was fiber-back boned interfacing with DEC and IBM computer system with Synoptics lattisenet and 3COM.
- Oversaw and coordinated large-scale moves and changes including offices with 400 personnel. Developed project plans establishing resources and timelines. Met with customer to communicate plans and set expectations. Consistently met deadlines without incurring system downtime.
TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR-OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT | 1981 – 1985
Designed and authored installation guidelines for Technicians to follow for telephone installations. Led formal training program delivered to over 50 Technicians. Supervised trainees at customer sites and ensured correct installation and moves/ change procedures.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Northern Telecom SL-1 ST, NT, XT installation, operation and maintenance
- Northern Telecom Basic Automatic Route Selection (BARS)
- Meridian Companion Site Planning and Deployment
- Meridian Companion Installation and Maintenance
- Meridian 1 System Engineering
- NEC 2000 IVS Installation Operation and Maintenance
- NEC 2400 ICS Installation Operation and Maintenance
- Norstar Key System
- Mitel SX-200
- Rockwell 580 (DTI 585)
- Siecor Fiber Termination
- Stromberg Carlson DBX
- Comdial Executech
- Dytel Automated Attendant
- Newbridge Mainstreet
- Harris 110
- 1A2 Key Equipment
- Executone Gateway
- Executone Encore
- Siemens SD192
- Executone Equity