Chicago, Illinois 60001 • (847) 458-1234 • [email protected]
SENIOR TREASURY ANALYST
Hedge Strategies • Liquidity Management • Capital Markets • Global Banking • Risk Assessment
Analytical, accomplished and performance driven senior level economics and financial/ capital markets professional with 11 years of experience and strategic achievements with the Bank of Montreal and Industrial Bank of Japan, Chicago. Proactive and proven under immense time pressure and crisis skilled in making time sensitive assessments and decisions resulting in favorable outcomes. Innovative and critical thinker with the ability to bring new products and approaches to fruition and contribute to profit goals. Strong track record as an officer, operations professional and senior member of trading teams with extensive treasury experience; proven cross-functional and cross-cultural team member with a passion for results and the ability to effect change through informed decisions and sound judgment.
- Excel in analyzing macro/ micro economic factors used in managing short and long term liquidity, interest rate risks and hedging strategies; skilled in translating data into profitable opportunities using multiple derivative products.
- Level 3 Candidate for the Chartered Financial Analyst Program, achieved Association Cambiste Internationale Diploma with Honors and Bachelor of Arts in Economics from University of Illinois Urbana.
- Accomplished and tireless contributor and volunteer with solid contributions to school programs, tuition initiatives, parent/ student groups and special projects while on leave from the workforce.
- Exceptional analytical, communication, problem solving, time and resource management, and organizational skills; work well under aggressive timelines, with multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Financial/ Capital Markets • Foreign Currencies • Derivative Products • Banking • Cash/ Investment Management • Micro/ Macro Economic Analyses • Business Development • Reporting Requirements • Short/ Long Range Planning • Industry Relationship Building • Resource Management • Senior Leadership Partner • Organizational Performance
KEY PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS – BANK OF MONTREAL, CHICAGO
- Maintained USD liquidity through the unprecedented financial crisis of 9/11. Leveraged financial market experience and professional relationships to immediately gain access to necessary funding and close several open derivatives positions that prevented a USD $1+ million loss to the bank.
- Met and exceeded profit targets of $15-20 million year over year through accurate positioning of bank assets through strong micro/ macroeconomic analysis.
- Launched and managed a new trading product to the group resulting in over $1 million in annual profit; met with money center banks in New York to market the product and gain participation and provided liquidity to the product by serving as a market maker.
- Reduced penalty fees associated with trade settlements by 15% through development and implementation of streamlined procedures for back office support staff and improved lines of communication with traders.
- Consistently achieved an effective borrowing rate well below the Federal Reserve effective rate for daily funding of USD $6-8 billion based on experience and understanding of market nuances.
- Promoted to Vice President from Money Market Trader after one year for performance excellence; managed both daily liquidity and all assets out to two years. Contributed up to $1 million annually through management of proprietary trading capital in addition to managing a non-discretionary portfolio of assets.
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Bank of Montreal – Chicago, Chicago, Illinois | 1997 – 2005
Vice President | Money Market Trader, International Money Market Group (IMM)
Managed short/ long term liquidity and sourced daily and term cash needs of US $6-8 billion through assessment of micro/ macro-economic factors; included management of the global bank-wide end of day cash position. Evaluated and managed the interest rate risk of the US $20 billion corporate loan portfolio and strategically sourced funding in a variety of maturities to reflect interest rate and the micro/ macro-economic outlook. Implemented and tracked hedging strategies using interest rate futures derivatives markets.
Worked with global sales and trading desks to identify new sources of funding and investments. Priced and marketed primary/ secondary asset-backed commercial paper programs to investors.
- Utilized a broad scope of derivative products including Eurodollar Futures, Overnight Index Swaps, Fed Fund Eurodollar Futures, Forward Currency Contracts, Eurodollar Options, Libor Futures and Interest Rate Swaps for profitable trading and to capitalize on arbitrage opportunities.
- Set daily rates for Treasury Sales to market cash needs to institutional investors including bank issuance of Certificates of Deposits, Commercial Paper and cash deposits.
- Fostered strong working relationships with Corporate Banking, Global Financial Products, and Foreign Exchange and Asset Backed Securities lines of business within the institution to facilitate structured deals.
- Developed and reported a weekly opinion of economy to internal lines of business and institutional investors.
Industrial Bank of Japan – Chicago, Chicago, Illinois | 1994 – 1997
Short Term Cash Trader | Sales Associate, Treasury Group
Responsible for management and analysis of $2-3 billion in average daily positions; sourced overnight funding through the brokerage market. Marketed deposits to targeted institutional investors and provided marketing pricing to corporate banking clients. Tracked daily cash flows of expected funding and reconciled accounts. Processed and confirmed all transactions and trades for derivatives traders and corporate loans; functioned as trading point of contact for back office support staff. Oversaw wire transactions and resolved payment errors, managed margin accounts on derivatives trades, and prepared trading back office for biannual internal and Federal Reserve audits.
ADDITIONAL WORK HISTORY
Leave from Workforce – Full Time Parent, 2005 to Present
- Developed a tuition reimbursement school fundraising program that generated $10,000 per year; two-year implementation process.
- Instrumental in the introduction of Spanish language instruction in the elementary grades and an after school Spanish club; successfully integrated into the curriculum.
- School Board Special Projects Ambassador for 2011; led parent and student volunteers in multiple projects to promote the school.
- Parent Student Association Secretary from 2012 to 2014.
- Girl Scout Troop Leader for 20 girls from 2008 to 2014; 15 girls from 2011 to 2014.
Chartered Financial Analyst Program, Level 3 Candidate, Completed Levels 1 and 2
Association Cambiste Internationale Diploma, with Honors
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Illinois Urbana, Champaign, Illinois