123 Elm Street • Norfolk, NE 68702 • (402) 555-5555 • [email protected]
Analytical and results-driven professional with extensive pro-forma and financial analysis experience. Exceptional background: in performing complex multifamily valuations, acquisition/ land development property identifications, and due diligence investigations as well as market research of multifamily properties and submarkets. Proficient in Microsoft MapPoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Areas of expertise include:
- Zoning Research
- Budget Development
- Request for Proposals
- Debt/ Equity
- Contractor/ Vendor Negotiations
- Environmental Report Evaluation
- Transaction Narratives
- Broker/ Consultant Support
- Financial Analysis
UNDERWRITER ASSOCIATE, ABC HOME LOANS, Norfolk, NE | 20xx – 20xx
Provided pre- and post-purchase underwriting of mortgage loans for 1-4 residential properties under ALT A, PayOption, and ExpCriteria guidelines. Carefully reviewed closed loan files to ensure thoroughness and compliance to applicable regulations and company policies. Directed exception approval for applications that violated conforming and non-conforming loan guidelines. Ensured excellent service to internal and external customers. Attained organizational goals pertaining to loan development, productivity, and quality.
- Consistently met and exceeded quota of 10 files a day within one year, a standard normally applied to Underwriters with at least three years of experience.
- Implemented a correction of the corporate guidelines for three locations.
- Awarded certificate for successful completion of the company's underwriting class.
- Earned fast track promotion from initial Loan Funder position within two months of hire.
SENIOR SALES UNDERWRITER, BCD ENTERPRISES, Norfolk, NE | 20xx – 20xx
Maximized new business sales and underwriting activities for a competitive Nebraska territory. Developed and executed the Territorial New Business Plan and individual agency marketing plans. Built a significant book of business management.
- Fostered solid agency-company relationships within the Wachovia organization.
- Boosted growth by 20% and wrote more than $3.8 million in new business; realized a loss ratio of 26% for commercial middle market accounts as a business Underwriter for Wachovia Insurance Services in 20xx.
- Presented the idea of increasing marketing visits to the agency to promote better business relationships. Successful adoption allowed for agency calls at least one full day per week.
- Generated extensive growth and exceeded the organization's strategic plan expectations for profit and growth.
- Selected as the Underwriter of the Month on three separate occasions by Wachovia Insurance Agency.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN ECONOMICS, XYZ STATE UNIVERSITY, Norfolk, NE | 20xx
Relevant Coursework: Banking, Financial Theory, Business & Management,
Theory of Economics, Mathematical Modeling, International Economics
Graduated in top 10% of the Class, GPA: 3.8, Received University Scholarship
Office Applications: Microsoft Word and Excel; Lotus Notes
Underwriting Systems: DU, LP and CLOUT