123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183
Home: (305) 555-5555 • [email protected]
COMPREHENSIVE UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION
- Highly skilled in maintaining applications, installing backup systems, and resolving end-user issues.
- Successful background in performing equipment installation, upgrades, patches, and configuration.
- Experienced in installing and administrating RedHat and other Linux Operating Systems.
UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION SUCCESS
ABC Computer Systems, Miami, FL
UNIX Systems Administrator, 20xx – Present: Serve as Project Manager and UNIX Administrator on DVACS, Verizon's GUI-based trouble spot database for all New York State Lottery terminals. Handle tickets for covering installation, disconnection, maintenance, and troubleshooting, including Oracle database maintenance, tuning, backup, and PL/SQL programming. Oversee maintenance, performance tuning, and failover of SQL servers. Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of a Cisco based network on Verizon's enterprise networking system. Monitor and configure Orion, a network monitoring tool. Troubleshoot outages and configure networking protocols. Supervise team of programmers to ensure efficient day-to-day operations.
- Designed and implemented EMAPS, Verizon's lottery provisioning system for the New York State Lottery.
- Collaborated with other teams to ensure applications worked smoothly with EMAPS, running on Solaris with an Oracle database and XML parsers written in ProC/ C++.
- Successfully completed projects on schedule and within budget; interfaced with VSPOC, WFA, and other Verizon applications, which have two-way data transfers with EMAPS.
BCD Incorporated, Miami, FL
UNIX Systems Administrator, 20xx – 20xx: Collaborated with all departments to identify capacity planning as well as define system requirements. Trained 15 help desk staff and supervisor on the use of a help desk reporting software product.
- Implemented new contact management application, from administering it to training help desk staff.
- Maintained Sun Microsystems servers, achieving 99.99% uptime guarantee.
CDE Incorporated, Miami, FL
UNIX Systems Administrator, 20xx – 20xx: Assisted with implementing the design of a startup ISP for the healthcare community. Partnered with general contractors on HVAC, raised floor architecture, and fiber/ cabling diagrams for the data center. Analyzed and resolved system and network problems utilizing various diagnostics and protocols including, NFS, TCP/IP and DNS. Maintained Sun Microsystems workstations including Sparc 450 and 250 servers.
EFG Insurance, Miami, FL
UNIX Systems Administrator, 20xx – 20xx: Maintained Sun Microsystems Ultra Series and Sparc Series platforms. Developed shell scripts and programming tools to automate administrative tasks such as backups. Evaluated and solved system and network problems using various diagnostics and protocols including, NFS, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- Applications: PeopleSoft 8.x (Financials and HRMS), Oracle Financials, Cognos, Hyperion, Open Source Content Management Systems
- Tools: MBSA (MS Baseline Security Analyzer), SekChek, DumpSec
- Platforms: Windows 2000/2003, Vista, Linux, UNIX, AS/400, OS/390, z/OS, MVS
- Databases: Oracle 9.x/10.x/11.x, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, MS Access