ANDREZ DE JIMINEZ
1 Harbor Drive South • Syosset, New York 11791
Telephone: (516) 202-7500 • Mobile: (516) 320-9999 • Fax: (516) 607-0003
VICE PRESIDENT SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Senior Sales executive with a 13-year accomplished career track known throughout the industry for delivering and sustaining revenue and profit gains within highly competitive U.S. retail markets. Exceptional communicator with a consultative sales style, strong negotiation skills, exceptional problem solving abilities, and a keen client needs assessment aptitude. Aggressively identify opportunities, develop focus, and provide tactical business solutions.
- Strategic & Tactical Planning
- Account Development/ Acquisition
- Target Marketing & Penetration
- Sales Team Training/ Supervision
- P&L/ Financial Reporting
- Competitive Sales Analysis
- Budget Management
- Inventory Distribution Control
- Broker/ Vendor Relations
- Policy Formulation
- Sales Presentations/ Closing
- Contract Negotiations
Extensive business travel throughout U.S., Europe, Mexico, and Canada
Fluently communicate, read, and write in native Portuguese
Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, ACT, and Adobe Illustrator; Internet savvy
Kitchen Gadgets USA, West Islip, New York | 1990 - Present
Executive Sales Director | 1993 - 1999
Vice President of Sales/ CEO | 1990 - 1993
Held senior management positions throughout a dynamic tenure that included an appointment to Vice President of Sales/ Chief Executive Officer for an interim period, held in concurrence with primary role as Executive Sales Director, to strengthen the organization's general management and sales operations in the U.S. for this worldwide leading manufacturer and distributor of high-end kitchen gadgets and utensils in quality design.
- Hold full P&L responsibility for total U.S. sales Operations through direct training, leadership, and supervision of a National Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, and network of 16 independent sales organizations comprised of 35 sales representatives across U.S. regional sales territories.
- Solidified an exclusive partnership with Federated Departmental Stores, Inc. in 1996, expanding product awareness and distribution operations throughout major retailers that included Macy's East, Macy's West, Bloomingdale's, Burdines, The Bon Marche, and Rich's department stores.
- Acquired a portfolio of 400 accounts that included Target, Walmart, Linen's 'n Things, Bed Bath & Beyond, Lechters, Crate & Barrel, Marmax Ross Stores, specialty stores, and small high-end supermarket chains through identification of unique business opportunities, execution of corporate presentations, and strong contract negotiations/ closings.
- Grew independent national sales organizations from 8 to 16 over a three-year period (1990 - 1993), in charge of on-site sales training, policy formulation, goal setting, incentive programs, product promotions, and competitive sales commissions, sustaining an average increase in annual growth revenues of 4% to 6%.
- Pioneered product positioning strategies and marketing plans that included shop-within-a-shop formats and product sets, consistently realizing a 40% - 50% Return On Investment (ROI).
- continued -
ANDREZ DE JIMINEZ
Professional Experience, Kitchen Gadgets USA, continued
- Identified low performing product, and re-distributed product-patterning strategies to accommodate consumer buying trends, maintaining a steady revenue gain of 15% to 20% over a nine-year period from 1992 to 2001.
- Heightened product awareness levels and drove profit margins through negotiations with store owners, district managers, and buyers, stipulating the implementation of in-store cube-format merchandise displays, product assortments, pricing structures, sales allowances, rebates, and monthly promotions.
- Commissioned and directed the Hofstra University Business School to conduct a 2001 market research study within a mall environment to measure consumer preferences for existing products.
- Served a primary point of contract for all concerned in relation to inventory replenishments, product shipments, pricing, and display issues to ensure expedited problem resolutions and customer retention levels.
- Performed monthly sales forecasting and competitive analyses to determine product performance levels and the need for new product developments and modifications on an annual basis.
- Researched, retained, and collaborated with a top New York advertising agency on the conceptualization of a new packaging design to be introduced at the Chicago January 2002 tradeshow, capturing the sleek, ergonomic essence of Kitchen Gadget's fashion-forward products with practical culinary solutions.
- Planned and coordinated all aspects of U.S. tradeshows from vendor relations, booth design and set-up, product selection, packaging, and shipment, to ample production of catalogs and business cards.
- Contributed to the annual development of Kitchen Gadget's high-quality 4-color brochure and current pricing lists with a direct distribution base of 400 accounts nationwide and 16 independent sales organizations with a total company budget estimated at $100,000 in printing and mailing costs.
- Maintained close ties with the Corporate Headquarters in Portugal through frequent business trips and monthly financial reports for senior management review.
Export Sales Manager, Corporate Headquarters, Lisbon, Portugal | 1988 - 1992
- Directed all aspects of export sales operations by way of extensive travels (50%) throughout Europe, Central and South America, and Canada, establishing a strong contact base and cultural communication skills.
- Negotiated and won a Belgium supermarket chain account in 1991, implementing a New Product Distribution program that launched a full product line and increased sales volumes by 10% - 20% from 1992 - 2001.
- Worked closely with international importers and brokers from more than 90 countries worldwide throughout multiple distribution channels inclusive of retail stores, supermarkets, and specialty chains.
- Generated new business through networking efforts and execution of creative marketing plans implemented within strict advertising budgetary guidelines.
- Sourced and secured importers to manage specified sales territories, and closely monitored their performance.
- Demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge of Freight Forwarding, Trucking, Air and Ocean Lines, and related rules and regulations applicable in today's market.
- Attended and proactively participated in all annual European and U.S. tradeshows.
Business Administration Studies
University of Lisbon, Portugal