213.555.1212 (Phone), 213.555.1111 (Cell)
www.kddesign.com, [email protected]
GRAPHIC DESIGNER - WEBMASTER - WEB DESIGNER - DEVELOPER
Owner of Kara Dobbs (KDD) with ten years of success in creating logos and promotional graphics for franchise specialty stores, including The Outlook, TM Express, and So Sweet. Awarded the Web Design 2000 Award and the TTA Creativity Award for Inland Center Bank website. Diverse skill set includes web and print design, animation, and production. Online portfolio available for viewing at www.kddesign.com.
Web Design: Macromedia: Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, 6 Years
Graphic Design: Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, 9 Years
Print Production: Quark Xpress, Adobe Page Maker, Acrobat, 9 Years
Photography: Digital Photography (Kodak DCS 420), 35mm, Lighting & Set Design, Polaroid/ Motion Picture Experimental Photography, 9 Years
Software/ Other Tools: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Studio 8, Painter, Typestyler, 5 Years
Platforms: MS Windows, Mac OS, UNIX
OWNER, 1992 - Present
KARA DOBBS DESIGNS (KDD), Los Angeles, California (www.kddesign.com)
A full-service design firm providing logo, corporate identify, illustration, photography, animation, video, and print services to individuals and businesses.
- Create and maintain web sites for clients, including the award-winning site for Inland Center Bank.
- Design logos, CD Packaging, full-size posters, mural, and merchandising materials for a diverse clientele, including 15 franchises representing women's apparel, restaurants, and gift shops.
WEBMASTER/ GRAPHIC DESIGNER, 2000 - Present
RM LUS, INC., Los Angeles, California (www.rmlus.com)
A Management Information Systems company serving Architectural Engineering Consulting (AEC) firms.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
WEBMASTER/ GRAPHIC DESIGNER
RM LUS, INC. (Continued)
- Design, develop, and deliver client web sites/ intranets, including system administration and follow-up services such as publishing new content, site maintenance/ revamps, data archiving, or troubleshooting.
- Manage corporate site; design Macromedia Flash multimedia presentations.
- Grew client base 50% within two years by creating account-winning proposals and presentations.
- Reduced SamTrans Procurement Department costs 48% and increased productivity 75% by automating RFP/ RFQ process; established Web Design/ Development Department.
- Integrated AEC methodology into online ASP environments for Caltrain, SamTrans, BART, SRCSD, DMJM Harris, Parsons, MTC, RMC Engineering, HDR Inc., Montgomery Watson, and others.
WEBMASTER, 2000 - 2001
RDTM's PRIVATE INTRANET, Los Angeles, California (www.rdtm.com)
Oversight agency for the Los Angeles Basin's transportation system.
- Oversaw ASP integration, system administration, and technical support for Intranet site.
- Spearheaded design, development, and launching of company intranet, an online resource and collaboration center enhancing Engineering Department's communication and efficiency.
- Boosted ASP subscription renewals by serving as technical expert to nationwide network of architects and engineers.
WEBMASTER, 1999 - 2000
CORE DIRECTION, INC., Los Angeles, California (www.coredirect.com)
An E-commerce web development firm with satellite offices in San Francisco and San Diego, California.
- Led creative team in providing online services to clients; managed client web site files; provided system administration and follow-up services, including publishing new content and site maintenance.
- Redesigned Digital Bridge web site; designed, developed, and delivered client web sites.
- Implemented CyberCash online payment transaction software.
WEB DESIGNER, 1998 - 1999
MEDIA SELECT, Los Angeles, California (www.medselect.com)
A web design and development company.
- Designed, developed, and maintained web sites for diverse clientele.
PHOTOGRAPHER/ PROJECT MANAGER, 1994 - 1998
COAST IMAGES, Los Angeles, California
A design firm specializing in medical photography.
- Participated in producing a medical atlas of the human skeletal system, printed in 3-dimensional format and viewed with 3-D glasses.
- Used Adobe Photoshop to produce, rotoscope, and stereoscopically manipulate images; and Quark Xpress to arrange, annotate, provide layout, and to test printing.
- Promoted project by designing, developing, and maintaining a web site.
- Created animated sequences for video and Quick Time Movies.
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS IN GRAPHIC DESIGN/ STUDIO ART, 1993
UNIVERSITY OF LOS ANGELES, Los Angeles, California
Professional Development: Post-Graduate Multimedia/ Web Design Courses, College of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, 1999 - Present; Post-Graduate Graphic Design Courses, Ocean Community College, Los Angeles, 1992 - 1998